Tuesday, January 6, 2009

let it go....

Well the idea that everyday works out exactly as we vision is out the door. Today I had a plan, do computer math program, creative story telling project, visit library to learn how to locate information, check out books on Jesus and Colorado in preparation for the kids ski trip in February. I had to go into town to look for some furniture and a new bed for Julian and be back in time to take him to his football practice.

The day stared pretty good, I was able to squeeze out another 15 minutes of sleep while the kids played. Woke up and we went down stairs for our yoga class before breakfast. (although, does pirate booty count as breakfast?) Not bad, Bella did better than Julian but over all it was a great experience and I feel they got a lot out of it. Julian seemed to do better when I told him he was getting a grade for yoga. We did basic stretching, om'ing, and 4 rounds of sun salutations. It was a little hard to do with Bodhi trying to sit on my legs during the plank pose and Lotus crying here and there, that's life, you focus on the moment.ooohhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Well I guess it went wrong with the computer program, I hadn't really looked at it for Bella, turns out it was too hard so she ended up playing a computer game. I put this down to computer lab time. Then Julian wanted to play it, then they didn't want to stop. It was bad, they were learning games and creative so it wasn't a total failure. It just put us behind. The next project seemed to take forever. I asked them to look through magazines and pull out pictures of things to make a story. Then paste them on a piece of paper and write the story. Jules did excellent in this department. Then we took all the kids, Bodhi and Lotus too, to go to the library, I packed a lunch and planned to eat it at the park, instead of in my car like usual. Well park time cut into library time and to make it all fit in I cut the library time out of the day. This did not feel good.

Lotus was a terror today, crying and screaming all day. I was constantly putting her in her room for a time out. It was definetly harder with her. I even put Elmo on, that helped for 15 minutes. Then she would follow me around, cry if I left the room, she would blow her whistle while the kids were doing their work. Aaggghhh, it's been a hard day.

Tomorrow Lotus goes to school, yeah, so I plan to do the library for sure. I also need to get some exercise. I was planning on having the kids ride their bikes with me while I run. I'm tired, I need to do a little reading and relax. What I really need to do, is take a shower, read recipe books and prepare my monthly dinner menu and buying guide, do Bodhi's scrapebook, the kids India scrapbook, plan my Inauguration party, move Mark's office downstairs, move Lotus upstairs to Bella's room, cut my toe nails and meditate. What to do???

Hey at least I did my blog, right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment