Monday, January 12, 2009

First day with tutor.

Week two today began today with another nice quiet, relaxing morning of the kids playing and taking a moment to have breakfast and start their day. Mark took Lotus to the Childrens Center preschool for half a day of fun. The house is so much quieter when she is gone, sorry Lotus. Two more weeks and she will be three and out of the terrible two's. Yeah! At 9:20, Lee, Julian's tutor arrived. She is coming twice a week to help the kids with their school work. She is a retired school teacher from up north and who also works as a real estate agent. Things are slow around here so she is doing more tutoring.

We set up at the kitchen table, I pulled out all of the 2nd grade work books that we had for Julian and Bella and went over an outline of what the kids need to work on with her. Sight words and basic spelling for Bella, Julian it was grammer and begining multiplication. I got out of the way and they went to work. The kids were eager to do it. I went upstairs to organize and put Bodhi to bed, an hour later when I came down they were busy with books open and smiles on their faces. They seemed very serious about it.

I went for a jog, yes...my day was great, and came back to the last 30 minutes of learning. Lee told me what were their weaknesses and what books we need for them. It was great, private tutoring in our home. It felt great. Later, after Lee had left we had lunch. Mark came downstairs from working in his office (bella and Lotus now share a room) and we ate and played together. It was so nice. The kids played on Funbrain doing computer games that develope their visual perception. When Lotus came home later, I put her down for nap and fell asleep, when I awoke I found Julian and Bella drawing character for a concept Mark wants to do. No tv, all day, no video games. I took them for a bike ride and we stopped by a great ice cream store.

The day ended with a walk to the end of the street with the little ones and pot stickers and rice for dinner.

Super tired now, Marks at a movie, getting ready for Oscar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment