Thursday, January 8, 2009

In the begining

I need to remind myself that it is only day three of home schooling, that I am more interested in the unschooling approach, which means they learn just be experience and to trust that even though they are not sitting at a desk with a book open and a teacher explaining which page to turn to, that they are still learning. I realize that I'm not exatcly organized with any kind of learning program. I'm actually on my own with no idea what to do. Yesterday I pulled out a couple of those kids workbooks for specific grades. Bella loves them, they are just like school, color the red squares, count the children on each slide, etc. Julian did some word finds. He loves journaling and asks to do it every day. I find they are much more creative, playful and responsible. Julian watches over Bodhi more and without question will do his chores. Bella has been creating a store where she sells things, and makes announcements about sales and opening and closing times. Everything just seems to flow better. Yesterday I went jogging and the kids came on their bikes. It was great. We also went to the Sanibel library to research "Jesus" and "Colorado", I don't really like libraries, I find them boring and I get sleepy. The kids however did enjoy it and was surprised to find Julian looking at books.

Today, I don't know what i'm doing. I'm taking them with me to go teach Yoga to the little ones at the school and then to reading hour at the library. Later Bella has cheerleading and Julian has a football game. I need to find some kind of resource that gives me daily assignments. That is easy to do. Also once I am caught up on my to do list it will be easier to organize the school work. I am learning and going with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment